This coming weekend will be full of famous chefs, brilliant food, TV stars and all the glitz and glamor of Las Vegas. I have been invited to attend the Food & Wine All-Star weekend in Las Vegas---sponsored by Aria Resort & Casino. I would move mountains to make sure I was on a plane this Friday, en route to events hosted by Gail Simmons of Bravo TV (Top Chef & Top Chef Just Desserts), former Top Chef contestants, Food & Wine Magazine gurus and iconic Chefs. Instead of moving mountains, I went the unglamorous route and moved chicken 'manure', compost, dirt and rocks to ready my fall beds for bulbs. But never mind that: this is about putting away the pitchfork and pouring myself a martini.
Pinch me already.
Here are some quick highlights of what is to come this weekend, FRI Oct 21 through SUN Oct 23. Watch my blog for daily posts, my twitter and tumblr for live stream and my facebook for pics and updates.
- ARIA Resort & Casino: http://www.arialasvegas.com/
- ARIA Specialty Dining: http://www.arialasvegas.com/
- Food & Wine All-Star Weekend: http://www.mgmresorts.com/
- Event Line-Up & Tickets: http://www.mgmresorts.com/
For three indulgent days, watch for pics and posts from these opportunities (please note that while the Food & Wine event is available to the public aka tickets, some of the below events are 'behind the scenes' or rather 'in the kitchen'):
- Meet sushi chef Masa Takayama and taste the freshness of fish flown in daily from the famous Japanese Tsukiji Market at his only restaurant outside of New York City: BARMASA.
- Visit the kitchen with Chef Michael Mina as he discusses the incredible cuisine from his concept AMERICAN FISH plus cooking demonstration featuring seasonal ingredients.
- Sit down with Jean-Georges Vongerichten at his stylish restaurant, Jean Georges Steakhouse, and discuss the concept, décor and menu in addition to what’s on the horizon for the famed chef.
- Attend Food & Wine All-Star Weekend’s First Course party hosted by Bravo Top Chef’s Gail Simmons and Food & Wine’s Anthony Giglio, featuring a star-studded lineup of celebrity chefs and former cheftestants.
- Enjoy an exclusive lunch with Chef Julian Serrano at his eponymous restaurant; experience traditional Spanish dishes paired with one of the country’s largest collections of Spanish varietals.
- Sip beverages at an intimate cocktail reception in a AAA Five Diamond ARIA Sky Suite, featuring Sirio Ristorante Executive Chef Vincenzo Scarmiglia’s one-of-a-kind ‘cello flights and cocktails by Jean Georges Steakhouse Master Mixologist Darren West.
- Taste A New American Lunch at Sage, hosted by Chef Shawn McClain, Top Chef Season 4 winner Stephanie Izard and Sommelier Anthony Giglio; sip one of Vegas’ largest absinthe collections served traditional, Russian-style or mixed.
- Be wowed by the elegant main event, the All-Star Tasting poolside at ARIA, with cuisine by the best of Top Chef’s past cheftestants and ARIA’s world-renowned chefs.
- Try your luck at Food & Wine All-Star Weekend’s After-Party, Deuce After Dark, featuring blackjack tables hosted by your favorite chefs.
- Savor authentic fare by Lemongrass executive chef and Bangkok native Krairit Krairavee, who brought spices and sauces from his homeland to open the first Thai restaurant on The Strip.
Apparently: someone likes to venture off the farm.
- CityCenter Land LLC (picture of Aria resort at night)